2022 STEM-OPS (STEM Opportunities in Prison Settings) Annual Convening
The STEM-OPS (STEM Opportunities in Prison Settings) NSF INCLUDES Alliance is holding its 2022 Annual Convening on October 25–27 in St. Louis, MO. This in-person event will bring together researchers, practitioners, educators, and community leaders who work at the intersection of the carceral system and STEM. Information and ideas will be shared via expert panels, concurrent sessions, and roundtable discussions on topics such as:
- Launching and leading STEM college-in-prison programming
- Establishing mentoring, internships, and other supports for currently or formerly incarcerated students in STEM fields
- Supporting inclusive hiring of justice-impacted individuals in STEM careers
- Ensuring that the voices of justice-impacted individuals are present among STEM educators, professionals, and scholars
- Disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline through inclusive and innovative pedagogies
STEM-OPS is committed to elevating the perspectives of people who have been directly impacted by incarceration, and many sessions will feature the work of STEM-OPS partners who are justice impacted. The conference registration fee will be waived for previously incarcerated participants.